"Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing." ~Redd Foxx



I once had a really good  friend (that I miss so much) but whom I lost due to my opinions. Our friendship ended one day when I expressed my concerns about his lifestyle after watching him and two of his mates consume 3 bottles of expensive whisky, a couple of beers,2 packs of cigarettes topped up with enough steak, ribs and chicken wings to feed 4 families. All this done in one night with the physical activities in between being a game of pool and Grand Theft Auto.

The saddest part is that, knowing my dear 29 year old wealthy former friend, this is his regular lifestyle. I started to really think about the young people (with buying power) around me and realised that this is how we live. Most of us smoke, drink and eat way too much franchise food. We seem to be dying a slow unnecessary death at the hands of gluttony and over indulgence.
I am no exception even though I lie to myself at times and excuse my dodgey habits with "at least I don't eat meat" and "well I have gym membership" but come on now. It's just like the "double cheese burger and a diet coke" principle. The amount of toxic crap that goes in does not balance the amount of energy we invest in flushing all the junk out.

What really got my buddy ticked off (this is an understatement) is when I told him about the ill fated George IV. Probably the most gluttonous, useless, indolent and unhealthy of the English Monarchs. He had a big taste for Banquets, drink and women. Since he could afford to splurge as much as he wanted, towards the end of his life his obese self was plagued by gout, arteriosclerosis, dropsy and being ridiculed when appearing in public.

He died in 1830, from his bad habits.

  • Last December alone 10 million grown ups were patrons of a MacDonald's in December 2010 alone.
  • We currently have about 6.5 million diabetics in South Africa at the moment.
  • Over half of South Africans over the age of 15 are overweight, leading the pack being black women being the most obese in the country. (You know how we do..)
  • An approximate of 130 strokes and 240 heart attacks occur DAILY in South Africa.
  • South Africa has one of the highest levels of alcohol consumption per drinker in the world ranked amongst the UK and Ukraine.
  • Cerebrovascular diseases and diabetes are the fourth- and fifth-leading causes of death in South Africa. 
  • 1.8 billion young people age between 10 to 24 smoke cigarettes (according to the World Health Organization.)
    * More than 85 percent of these young smokers live in developing countries.
(Information was sourced from magazines, Dogpile, News24, Health24, CNN and various medical journals)

SO..

You freaked out yet? No, we never are freaked out. "We all going to die one day" right?

That attitude is quite retarded, life unappreciative and selfish. Why do we spend all the money that is meant to go to our children's trust funds, legacies, feeding the less fortunate and turning ourselves (especially our race) around on killing ourselves? Contributing to the wasted energy that is killing our environment leaving nothing for our grandchildren? Just being fucking puppets to the brainwash of advertising and consumerism?

To my dear friend who saw my intentions as malicious in nature. Knock yourself out buddy.

I'm going to try my hand at "dying of nothing" actually. Share on Tumblr

1 comment:

  1. You might want to look at alternative methods such as acupuncture & reflexology for self help instead of a convertional pill. Info on that would be very nice. Shocking but nice stats though.

    ReplyDelete

Share on Tumblr