"Oh hey, It's been a while. What's your BBM pin?"

So I have accepted the strange reality that I am the only person in the universe who does not have a Blackberry. At this point, I'm convinced that if there is extra- terrestrial life out there, it probably uses the Blackberry too. I have been adamant to remain a counter-revolutionist in the revolution of the BB but it seems to have lost all practicality at this point in time as it seems that there is an entire universe that I am not allowed to enter with my Nokia.

There are a number of reasons why I have been sure that I would never participate in the consumerism of this gadget. Firstly, I actually like human interaction. As in actual people, flesh, skin and bone. It's always weirded me out when I am sitting with someone but they seem to be more interested in the people inside their phones than the people who are actually physically there with them (WTF?). Where their responses becomes limited to the absent minded "uh-huh" that's followed by a random outburst of "Oh Em Gee, you will not believe what this guy just BBMed me!" ( BBMed? How has that become a verb?!).

Also, what I found absolutely scary is the constant beeping!. Never have I seen a gadget that beeps so much in my life before. So I questioned my friend and colleague Jelly (the number one 'Crackberry' addict who I am convince has had her phone surgically sewn on to her hand). She told me that if you do set up a Blackberry Mobile account you are ALWAYS LOGGED ON plus you get all your social feeds. Excuse me?! Why would I want to be always logged on to any chat application? That's scary bordering on all the apocalyptic things that you hear of in the book of Revelations. *getting the heeby jeebies*

I surrender though... No one wants to chat via text any more. People hate my late responses to my emails and Facebook inbox. Sometime vital information is delayed by a day or two because "You didn't know about the exhibition? I know I BBMed it...". Everyone insists that it is cheaper as well.

I fail dismally at managing my simple Nokia, which sometimes rings and beeps unattended for a full day. I wonder how I will survive this gadget but be advised, I am coming on board.

Lord help us all.


Share on Tumblr

5 comments:

  1. No! Dont surrender! I have refused to move onto BBM and im perfectly fine. Yes you miss out on instant messaging - but as you point put - who really wants to always be messaging?! Plus, Blackberry peeps are always bitching about all sorts of issues - which goes to show that life isn't as pretty on the Blackberry side as they would like us to believe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 me its jst a gadget if i cn sell it & get commission 4rm my affliates dats a plus.4 me its jst a gadget if i cn sell it & get commission 4rm my affliates dats a plus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe me SunriseSunshine, this shit is deeper than "just a gadget"... it ventures into lifestyle and social skills... Bongi, I love you ma, but you are few days from loosing me to the other side.... I am to be Blackberryrised.. *gloom and doom voice plus sad sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yoh this gal is phapheling me yaz (hides) LOL! about damn time get a bb biach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. been there...i was the crackberry freak ever...and it back fired on me because it eventually grew out of me and i went back to my habits of not attending to the fone at all...late responses on emails, bbm. facebook chat, whatsapp, windowslive you name it....but when the call/ text i did...and it annoyed everybody i love...and they told me am just ignorant of them. and that hit some sense to me...to just move out of the fone completely and stick to live communication, texting and calls. and now my life is free :)

    ReplyDelete

Share on Tumblr