First Vehicle Post.. and some random rantings of my own.

So I am apparently being moved to a new assignment by my agency. I'm kinda sad and relieved at the same time. My job was starting to make me feel a tad bit butch (the inability to doll myself up because it is retarded to when I work at night only with just one other dude, plus all these talks of clutches,tyres,engines and body types). At the same time I will miss my colleague and the 15 days off!! The freaking 15 days off!! The greatness of midday beer on a Monday while everyone else works.. sad sigh..

I don't necessarily like job hopping especially in industries that I totally do not relate to. I must say though that I learn something amazing with every experience. I have to do so until I complete my studies (will that day come already?!). Until then I have to bear with rigid corporate types and ever so dreadful routinely shit. The weird stares at my half shaved head and dismal failure in my attempts at corporate wear (to be honest the lack of attempt). I'm a total mind fuck you see. I hold the interview process down looking all 'mainland', I learn my shit, I do the job thoroughly and then I start coming through as myself and throw everyone off guard...Tee hee hee..

Anyways when I started working in the automobile industry I knew jack shit about vehicles! Nada! Okay I knew I wanted one.. And that they are shiny and nice.. That's about it.. I've spent a year sponging it all in and it's been great and fresh information. I find myself giving tips on the typa cars people should buy (based on the accessability of parts, fuel consumption,'green-ness' etc). Plus it's great bar ammunition that my boys always appreciate!

Heres some Random Bits about cars:

The most expensive:

Bugatti Veyron: It's also the second street legal fastest car in the world ( can do 0-60k in 2.6 seconds).
I have a son that I need to raise. Don't give me this car. I would endanger my own life with this machine.

Cost: R12,037,859.23 (1.700 000 in US dollars)..
Okay..
Bugatti Veyron: Most Expensive Car in The World

Most Retarded (in my opinion):

Centaurus 2: Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Or Spaceship that can do both land and water? Why does it exist? Okay so it runs on solar energy. It's ugly. The end.

Cost: I don't give a fuck. (I don't think it's available commercially though.)



The Greenest Car (well one of them. It's hard to say for sure since there's so many now).

Toyota Prius : if you drive 20 000km a year in a Prius you’ll save over one ton of CO2 emissions, which would otherwise need to be absorbed by a forest of 71 trees. Some celebrities took quite a liking to this car (Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Meryl Streep to mention some). Nondyebo Dzingwa winner of Miss Earth SA 2010 drives one (hell yeah she better be driving one otherwise she looks suspek..shit!).
I personally think it's aaight, major points for innovation and technology.

Cost: 378.100 ZAR


I will share some more about cars in the future. I wouldn't know how not to. Strangely, this industry will forever be embedded in me. I wonder what's next...

Ngiyabonga mina ngiwu Non Compos bakithi! Share on Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share on Tumblr