Labels,boxes,lines,categories,clusters,sections...








Shaun Ross, I would definitely be all up in that! 

I'm really liking on Deandre Forrest. She's amazing! Her lips, bone structure, her eyes and how she just totally brings it. The thing is, every time I look her up, she's the albino model. Some articles don't even refer to her by name. I wonder what that must be like? Say for instance if I was a professional model and since I'm anaemic, I'd then be referred to as the 'anaemic model'. I know being anaemic is not visible on a person but it's also a condition like albinism is.

It's not as if Deandre and Shaun don't have the qualities of great models, but all the focus is on their skin condition. As if they should get an extra pat on the back for being awesome and albino at the same time. I mean what the fuck? It takes me back to the same mentality of the hype around Naomi Campbell for being a great model and being black. In principle, is it not the same?

I'm sure they are making a killing though... After Deandre featured in the Kanye West music video (Power) she's become a household name. Shaun is on Katy Perry video E.T ( Katy for some reason thinks albinos are aliens..gawd!). On the flip side, it's great that a medical condition that has been misunderstood, feared and ridden with myth is finally allowed for the beauty to be seen in those who have it. Share on Tumblr

1 comment:

Share on Tumblr