Woman Wednesday

I first saw this this #WomanWednesday concept on twirra.

And although there are a few variations of it, the point is basically to give props and love to wonderful women on a wednesday.

How fitting it is, that my first post on TCTGTR includes (a sort of intro on) the other new woman on this blog.

Not to jump the gun, but TCTGTR Blog is now going to be a cipher of contribution by three women - Manti aka Non Compos Mentis, Nontando and myself - Slomokazi.

You're probably wondering how this ties in to #WomanWednesday? Despair not. Here it comes...

Mantis & Nontando are both Pisces. It seems I've been over blessed with an over abundance of beautiful people born in March. My list includes my mom, five of my closest sister-cousins, best friends and even an ex-boyfriend. So it's a serious understatement for me to say some of my favourite people are born in March.

This year, I was able to celebrate the March birthdays of Nombulelo, S'phelele and Nontando in one day, thanks to some awesome women from The Other Girls.

The Other Girls, are the ladies behind The Wknd Social. This is a monthly event of good food, good people and good music. The full-package fun starts around brunch with a 3 course meal and is followed by an after-party.

So after months of stalking the party online, and literally dying from FOMO - the March Edition seemed the perfect excuse especially as the date fell exactly on Lelo's birthday, a week after S'phe's and 2 days before Non's birthday . Also Vodka, and the fashion themes are a really good reason to attend atleast one Wknd Social in your life.

Props to the ladies of The Other Girls for putting together and pulling off a great concept, month after month. I definitely, wouldn't oppose if someone (hint hint, nudge nudge) wanted to spoil me in a similar manner for my birthday month of May.

The ladies of the The Other Girls (Photo stolen from instagram)
Peep S'phe and I's Bday messages to Lelo on the Absolut Blank canvs

The Beautiful Bday girl - Nombulelo
Literally, the meal ticket

The theme was Artsy Farty, but after a coupla vodka's...this was a creative as we could get

A view of the party and Jeppestown

The view from Studio Studio

Jozi, you beauty
Nontando, Nombulelo & S'phelele: My Pisces People (well, some of them). And no-one told me about the shoe co-ordination.

My Day 1 Team #familyfirst #triplets

Took Siviwe along, for control and cause he's a favourite #familyfirst
A kiss for the birthday girl

followed by a wipe of lipstick

When it's your birthday, you get to be Beyonce in all the pictures

Sister love

Non & Slomokazi

Non is a favourite of mine

Because crazy is contagious

Also, cuteness runs in our blood


Share on Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share on Tumblr